What is SAMUI PLUS MODEL?
Samui Plus Model is a plan for reopening Koh Samui. Fully vaccinated travelers are welcome to holiday on Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao under the conditions and stay in quarantine. Traveler have to test for COVID-19 during the stay. After receive a negative result and stay Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao at least 14 days, traveler can visit other destinations in Thailand.
Who eligible to enter the SAMUI PLUS MODEL?
1. Foreigner and Thai national traveler should come from a country in approved list by Thai Ministry of Health and TAT, and must have stayed there at least 21 days prior to departure.
Countries/Territories list where travelers may enter the SAMUI PLUS MODEL >>>Click here<<< (Data as of July 7, 2021)
2. Only direct international flights to Koh Samui or domestic transit flights from Bangkok – Samui are allowed.
3. Traveler over the age of 18 has been fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by Thai FDA / Thai Ministry of Public Health / WHO for at least 14 days.
4. Children under the age of 18 are not required to be vaccinated if travelling with fully vaccinated guardians and must possess the result of REAL-TIME (RT-PCR) test within 72 hours prior to departure.
Preparing for enter the SAMUI PLUS MODEL
– A passport with at least 6 months validity.
– Been fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by Thai FDA / Thai Ministry of Public Health / WHO for at least 14 days and has a valid Vaccination Certificate.
– Have purchased medical insurance with COVID-19 treatment coverage of at least 100,000 USD.
– Have booked and paid air travel to Koh Samui.
– Have booked and paid for accommodation at Samui Extra Plus hotel for day 0 – 7 and a SHA Plus hotel in Koh Samui / Koh Phangan / Koh Tao for day 8-14.
Samui Extra Plus hotels >>>Click here<<<
SHA Plus hotels >>>Click here<<<
– Have book and paid for 3 SWAB test.
– The negative result of REAL-TIME (RT-PCR) test within 72 hours prior to departure.
– Certificate of Entry (COE) apply for a COE >> coethailand.mfa.go.th
– Registered the SAMUI HEALTH PASS tracking application.
What are the measures of 14 days under the SAMUI PLUS MODEL?
DAY 0 : WAITING (First day arrive to Koh Samui)
Temperature checking, going through immigration and customs procedures, and REAL-TIME (RT-PCR) test on arrival. Transit directly to Samui Extra Plus Hotel you have booked by transportation that has been registered with Koh Samui Ministry of Public Health. Traveler must stay in a room while waiting for the result.
DAY 1-3 : AREA QUARANTINE
After the first REAL-TIME (RT-PCR) test in Koh Samui reports negative, traveler can use the area
and services within the hotel only.
Do and Don’t while staying in Samui Extra Plus Hotel
• Swimming Pool
Traveler can use the swimming pool together with other tourists and must follow the conditions such as using the swimming pool in specified period. The hotel has to control the chlorine levels between 1-3 and inform other tourists about the risk of using swimming pool together.
Traveler able to swim and relax around the hotel’s beach. The hotel must allocate time period to relax on the beach that doesn’t impact other tourists and people nearby, set up the space between sunbeds 1-1.5 meters and clean the bed after finishing.
• Alcoholic Beverages
Traveler able to drink some alcoholic beverages. Depending on the discretion of COVID MANAGER under the public health safety.
• Traveler are not allowed to invite their friends, family, or other people who residence in Koh Samui to stay together in the same room.
• Traveler are not allowed to go to other restaurant or convenience store outside the hotel, but can ask COVID MANAGER or hotel staff to provide food, beverage, and essentials as appropriate. The restaurant inside the Samui Extra Plus hotel is allowed by follow the conditions.
DAY 4-7 : SEALED ROUTE
Traveler can reserve the trips and services through COVID MANAGER to travel in the sealed route program within Koh Samui only.
– Sealed Beach (Tam Rang Beach – Angthong National Marine Park) Traveler can journey with other travelers under SAMUI PLUS MODEL and can snorkeling at the specified area.
– Boat & Yacht Charter to Tam Rang Beach – Angthong National Marine Park within sealed route. Only approved boat and yacht can be service.
– Wellness center for relaxing e.g. Yoga, Meditation, Qigong, Reiki. Only approved hotel or other wellness center can be used.
On day 6-7 traveler will get a second REAL-TIME (RT-PCR) test
DAY 8 – 14 : MONITORING & CONTROL
After receiving a negative test result, traveler can travel within Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao, and can move to stay at SHA Plus hotel. Traveler able to invite their friends, family, or other people to stay together in the same room. The person must be fully vaccinated, possess the result of REAL-TIME (RT-PCR) test, and sign the consent form for acceptable to provide guest’s information to the hotel during the stay.
Activities traveler can do;
– Car & Van transfer between hotel, from hotel to the port, and from hotel to the “sealed route” attractions. Travelers must use a transportation that are under the permissions of “SAMUI+” symbol.
– All Facilities within the SHA Plus hotel such as fitness, swimming pool, kid zone, etc. must be under the conditions of SAMUI PLUS MODEL.
– Boat transfer from Koh Samui port to Koh Phangan port or Koh Tao port.
– Scuba Diving without stay overnight on boat.
– Restaurant that has corrected permissions of SHA+ or SAMUI+
– Water sport activities
– Cooking class
All of services and activities must have been registered with Koh Samui Ministry of Public Health, corrected permissions of SHA+ / SAMUI+. They also must strictly follow the measures D-M-H-T-T.
Day 12-13 traveler will get a third REAL-TIME (RT-PCR) test. Traveler can get the COVID-19 test at Koh Samui Hospital, Koh Phangan Hospital, and Koh Tao Hospital through the COVID MANAGER. After receiving a negative test result, traveler can travel to other destinations in Thailand by providing a proof of at least 14 nights stayed under SAMUI PLUS MODEL and other proofs according to the destination’s regulations.
What is the measures D-M-H-T-T?
D-M-H-T-T are the measures to protect yourselves from COVID-19 including;
1. Distancing – Keep a safe space between other people at least 2 meters.
2. Mask Wearing – Should wear mask at all times outdoor spaces.
3. Hand Washing – Often clean your hands by soap or 70% alcohol gel.
4. Testing – Temperature check before doing activities.
5. Thai Chana – Install ‘THAI CHANA’ or ‘SAMUI HEALTH PASS’ the tracking application to facilitate contact tracing under SAMUI PLUS MODEL.
Thanks for the information references from:
– Koh Samui Ministry of Public Health
– Tourism Authority of Thailand (www.thailandsha.com)
– Tourism Authority of Thailand News Room (www.tatnews.org)